January 29th, 2019
Eight new partners have joined Reserve with Google since we last updated our Connectivity Partners Database: restaurantes.com; ClickyPass; Guestonline; Hospitality Digital; SeatNinja; TableCheck; Vaniday; and Wisely.
Correction - restaurantes.com is now live with Google. The rest are coming soon. There are now 83 connectivity players in total, spread across different business categories and geographies.
Why do we track these companies?
1. Because Google is betting big on this next evolution of search.
2. Because brick-and-mortar business success will depend on it.
3. Because consolidation across this middle layer will likely follow.
4. Because we like structured lists and data.
Become a member and access the database. You can search and sort by the following attributes:
- List of all integration partners
- Live status
- Detailed company description
- Employee head count
- Company Type (Marketplace, Scheduling, Solution)
- Industries Served (e.g. Dining, Wellness, Beauty)
- Year Established
- Markets served (e.g. U.S., Europe, Latin America)
- Country HQ
- Capital Raised
- Relevant articles / media coverage
Who should care
Local businesses, distributors, marketplaces, investors.
Reserve with Google is the new feature that plugs local businesses into Google Maps and Search. This includes scheduling, booking, and payments. It’s a big deal for the company because it is a stepping stone in the evolution of local search and the company’s ads-driven business.
It’s also a big deal for brick-and-mortar businesses - including travel-related service providers. Beyond the obvious implications i.e. mobile computing and visibility on Google, competition will grow in lock-step with the development of new marketing channels aimed at the lucrative travel consumer.
The verdict is still out on whether Reserve with Google will take off and in which categories. We have our views.
Subscribe and read about the full implications for the tours and activities sector in our report: Reserve With Google: Implications For Online Travel And The In-Destination Experience.
Visitor economy intelligence. LUFT is a New York based research consultancy passionate about helping travel leaders succeed in a time of unprecedented technological and social change.